24 Jul We are hiring: Senior Bookkeeper / Administrator
Senior Bookkeeper / Administrator £22,000 - £25,000
We’re looking for an exceptional person to join our superb accounting team and take responsibility for client bookkeeping and some payroll together with our office administration.
It’s a varied and challenging role, but hugely rewarding and enjoyable.
You must have current experience working in an accountancy practice and you will be proficient in preparing accounts to trial balance and presenting management reports.
We are a business embracing Digital Transformation and cloud accounting technology. So, you’ll need to be forward thinking with love of new technology and its capability in automating workflow to increase efficiency and accounts reporting and forecasting.
We’re Xero Silver partners, so fluency with Xero cloud accounting software and apps is essential.
Ideally, you will also have sound knowledge of QuickBooks and Sage 50.
This is a key role, so ‘team fit’ is an important part of our selection. After all, you’ll want to know that this is the right place for you.
What will the role involve?
You’ll have a varied and interesting workload, supporting our accounting team and liaising directly with clients. Most of our bookkeeping and accounting uses Xero cloud accounting software, but we also use QuickBooks and Sage 50. Responsibilities include:
- Using accounts software, primarily Xero, to process our client’s bookkeeping
- Using related apps that integrate with Xero and QuickBooks Online to streamline processes
- Liaise with clients directly to obtain records and clarify queries
- Assist in ensuring key deadlines are met, including VAT returns
- Preparation of basic management reports, derived from bookkeeping data
- Schedule work and manage deadlines efficiently
You’ll provide outstanding support to colleagues and manage client care. This will include:
- Visitor reception and being the welcoming point of contact for incoming telephone calls
- General office admin – making sure we’re all organised
- Electronic filing and paper filing (we’re trying to be paperless)
- Building client relationships
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure information communicated to our clients is correct.
- Ensuring a high level of client care is maintained at all times.
- Sales Administration – Including preparation of Proposals, Letter’s of Engagement, welcoming new clients. Ownership of the new client sign up process and experience
- Identifying and recommending improvements we can make to our processes
- Updating client records
- Tracking and reporting week by week progress
- Anti Money Laundering checks
You will need the following attributes / skills:
- Clear thinking, efficient, adept at managing a varied workload with rapid change
- Able to take responsibility for clients, ensuring the highest standards of client care and service delivery
- Fully conversant / trained with the following accounting software:
-Xero Cloud accounting software
- Excellent written and verbal English – clear communicator, able to present information at the right level to clients
- Need to live within 10 miles of our Westbourne office
- Able to work full time hours reliably – flexible hours by agreement
- Flexible working hours and freedom to work from our office or from home
- Great working environment – Spotify and Amazon music
- Current generation twin screen workstations with a broad range of software
- 25 days' holiday + bank holiday
- Career development
- The opportunity to determine your future
- Great location – Westbourne has a village atmosphere with bistros and boutiques
- And we have superb coffee and a selection of teas
What we do:
We’re not routine accountants….. we’re very different. Our core business starts with providing our clients with a ‘Virtual Accounts Office’ so that they can outsource their entire accounts operations and focus on what they do best.
We provide a fully managed service. In effect, we work as an extension of our client’s business as part of their team – almost as if we were in the office next door.
In addition, we provide a range of support services to our clients, including business advisory and development support and Virtual Finance Director. And for most clients we are their retained accountants as well.
Our client base includes international companies, and businesses with multi million pound revenues.
Why choose ASFB for your next career move?
We’re small and flexible and our team members have a high degree of enjoyment and job satisfaction. It’s a great place to work!
We have ambitious growth plans that will enable employees to gain wider ranging experience and greater responsibility than in a larger conventional practice. Each member of the team is a ‘very big cog in a smallish wheel' and has a great deal of autonomy. We provide support for career development and every opportunity to realise the ambitions of our employees.
In short, this is a great place to develop your career.
So, if you are the super talent we are looking for and you would like to join our amazing team then impress us with your wonderful CV and an introductory email!